Friday, May 30, 2008

Church

I have the cutest little story to tell you all. I am sorry I didn't post it earlier in the week, but time just slips away sometimes.

Anyway, last Sunday we had to go to 5pm mass instead of our usual 10 am because Marissa had to altar serve. Well anyways Zachary is always asking if he can carry the gifts up to the altar. We have explained to him that you have to be asked and really good. So when we pulled into the parking lot Zachary says, "Mommy can you ask GOD if I can carry the gifts up, I have been good." So I told him we will see. You can't ask, they ask you. So we get into the lobby and he says again "Mommy can you ask GOD if I can carry the gifts up?" Well the gentleman at the door heard him (how could you not seeing we where the only ones in the lobby and it echos) so he asked Zachary to carry the gifts up. He was beside himself. Rather cute I must say. So needless to say it was a very long mass with him asking if it time yet? Well after mass Father Lou goes outside and says goodbye to people as they are leaving and Zachary goes up to him and says, "Thank you GOD for letting me carrying the gifts up." I thought Father Lou was going to lose it laughing, but he didn't. It was the cutest thing ever.

We have to love what comes out of the mouths of our babies.

No comments: