Saturday, May 17, 2008

Car Shopping

I hate it. Oh my gosh it's the worst job in the world if you ask me. My lease is up in September so I figured we should start looking now in order to not rush our decision. Well I have been on this kick to try and lower our debt with me going to school so instead of going new we thought maybe we should just buy a used vehicle. Problem #1 I need the room for transporting with the daycare kids. #2 It's cheaper to lease a new vehicle. Well we wasted our whole day today looking and test driving. Well I test drove the 2009 Dodge Journey.........I LOVE IT, well seeing its so new there are no rebates or discounts on it, so then I figured lets stay with the Grand Caravan thats right in our price range that we want but do I really want the same exact vehicle? I would like to downsize in vehicle size if possible. So we didn't go with that option either so we talked about it on the way home and then thought lets try used. Well jeepers kreepers.....we drove a Honda Pilot and we really liked it, but man they want a fortune for that even and its used. I think come September I will be just footing it. LOL

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I would love to hear what you all have to say and please no offense to anyone Do NOT suggest a Hyundai. Don't get me wrong they look like nice vehicles, but I have learned with the Dodge Caravan they are a dime a dozen and the Hyundais are even worse in that catagory. I know a vehicle is the worst investment you can make, so I don't want to really make a mistake and go that route.

Zachary loved shopping for cars and is disappointed we aren't getting the pilot, but we have to make the smart move from now on, not just because we want it, or it looks cool. So please help me out here if you can.

No comments: