Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update On Zachary

Just wanted to let you all know Zachary is successfully out of surgery. I was able to take him into the OR until he was asleep and that was around 840am. We where then walked down to the waiting area and they would call the OR every 90 minutes for updates. That helped a lot knowing how things where progressing.

During our down time we sat in the waiting room playing cards, reading, I was working on school work, and Robert went and donated blood.

Zachary came out of anesthesia around 530 and we got to see him around 630 in recovery. When we arrived in there he was sound asleep and was not waking up for nothing. We tried until 830 to get him to wake up and never succeeded. We where brought up here to his room and as I sit here and type this he is still asleep. They say he is sleepy because he was under for so long and he has a nerve block to help with pain.

I have taken a couple pictures, but cant post them because for some reason i can't sign into my blog so a friend is posting this for me from a email. I can't even read any comments left for some reason. I am keeping updates on my facebook page though. Pictures will be on there when I get some time to catch up on everything.

I will try to post again tom. I am off to get some much needed rest before the pain med wears off on my little guy and he needs me.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone. It means a lot to us.

For those interested Zachary is at:

Boston Children's Hospital 10th floor Northwest room 1024
300 Longwood ave Boston MA 02115

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to hold you up in Prayer Jodi. I know this can't be easy, let alone to try studying while there are more important things to focus on.

I pray for continued recovery, for limited pain and that Zach will continue to flourish and grow while he enjoys his childhood. I pray for peace of mind for mommy and daddy, for strength and that others would continue to come around you to help where there is a need in Jesus Mighty name I pray...AMEN

BIG HUGS to you and Zach dear friend.

Cheri said...

Sorry I was unable to call you before you all left for Boston! We'll have to catch up when you return! We are praying for Zach. Thanks for including his address! :)