Thursday, February 12, 2009

.....................First Full Day Home

Well Wednesday was our first full day home and it was a pretty good day. Zachary decided already he wasn't going to be cooped up in the house all day and wanted to get out. Well we did just that, why not? It was a nice day to be out and about. I think it was around 50 degrees out.

Anyway, we went to his school first to hand in the papers saying he could go back to school when his pain is under control (which it is but we are waiting another week), then we went to see his class. We visited for only about 10 min. Zachary really enjoyed seeing his friends and thats all he talked about the rest of the day. After school we went and got Daddy a donut and brought it to him at work. Daddy was surprised Mommy had him out all by herself. (As I type this a day later trust me my back is paying for it. Dr. Petrosino here I come for a visit real soon) Then we stopped at the Pink Joint (Ann's Family Restaurant on Grant Ave in Auburn) and Papa Tony helped carry him in to visit. Zachary wasn't really up to the visit there for some reason. He said he wanted to go, but once there he was being "Stubborn Zachary" We came home after a very quick visit there mom thought for sure we could take a nap. A much needed nap, but Zachary had other thoughts. The rest of the afternoon we just chilled out and tried to catch up on some things. Later on our neighbor Mary Ann brought us over a cooked dinner meal. It was delicious and thank you so much Mary Ann it was a big help.

As I type this its Thursday morning and our night was terrible. Zachary was up about every 45-60 minutes. I got no sleep and am dying for a nap. All he wanted when he woke up was me to rub his belly, make sure mommy was there, and to say he loved me. I enjoy that, but not at all hours of the night. We are hoping for a better night tonite, please god help us out here.

Other than that we are in the house all day today and don't plan on going anywhere until Friday, then we are going to try to go to his class valentines party. Will update when we have more.
This was the last day in the hospital I believe. It may have been when they said he would go home.


The "Card" king. This little stinker loves to play pairs and can kick you butt in no time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I have a little one in a spica cast too. I found your earlier comment on a Cricut board and I have some info for you about things like the car seat, harness and clothes if you haven't already got those things worked out yet. I would love to help if I can! E-mail me willandcarolann@yahoo.com