Thursday, February 24, 2011

..............Day after surgery



Today was a little long for us all. Zachary really isn't waking up and when he does he is in such pain he gets a dose of morphine and goes back to sleep. He is able to keep his eyes open for about 2 minutes before he closes them again. I am trying to push some fluids on him but he wants nothing to do with them either. We ordered him a tray for dinner but he wouldn't touch a thing on it. We thought maybe the smell would get him to eat. Nope not a thing not even a sip of his milk shake.

The nurse had him get up in the recliner chair which he wasn't happy about, but he was up about 2 hours. Well I wouldn't say "UP" but he was up in the chair that long. He is back in bed resting now and every so often looks over at me and I get the evil look from him. My poor baby boy I wish there was something I could just do for him. He got a new wheel chair today. His cast is wider this time around so he won't fit in his wheelchair he has already. (Which is ok the seat is starting to rip and the seat belt doesn't stay snug anymore.) This chair is identical to his other one, its just wider for him.

He was very spoiled today. He got a package delivered from some friends back home (Thanks to the Gleason family) they sent him a little NY Yankees figurine guy. I have never seen them but I think I see a possible new collection being started soon. It is so stinking cute. Then he got his edible arrangement from Sissy, Nonnie Mary & Papa Dave. Then a little while later he got a cookie arrangement. I have never seen these but they are so cute. (Much cuter in person the picture doesn't do it justice). He received that from his friend Ana, Mary, Joseph & Anna in North Carolina. The arrangement also came with a dozen mixed cookies in a box (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle - my favorite, and oatmeal raisin). Everyone keeps commenting on them when they walk in his room. So when he is eating he will have plenty to snack on.



Hoping tomorrow we can put him in the wheel chair and roll him around in that. His nonnie Judi, Papa Tony & sissy are coming first thing in the morning. Thanks again for all prayers and thoughts. I hope tonite he can rest as much as he did last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Zach is doing good. Marisa was asking about him today. Please give him hugs from the Carnicelli's, and tell him I will take good care of his fish.

Anonymous said...

Sampson sends LOTS of PUPPY KISSES! and we are keeping Zach in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated. Try to take it easy, if I was there I'd give you, Jodi a big hug for being a Great Mom! and going through so much.

Mrs. Brazee said...

I am sending bushels of mushy-gushy teacher kisses to my favorite little guy. Please deliver them for me, Mom. So glad to hear that the surgery is now behind you and Prince Charming is on the mend. My love and healing, happy thoughts and prayers to all of you. What a loving and amazing family you are!

I know you want to hurry right back to school, Zach, but, please rest, heal and enjoy charming all the nurses and doctors. I'm sending out the GIANT box of homework you requested as soon as possible. :) Actually, I'm headed out right now to purchase more tissues for our class, as I know the girls will be crying buckets filled with tears until their Zach returns. Keep strong, my little love. XXOXO Mrs. Brazee