Saturday, February 26, 2011

................Day #3 Post Op

I thought today would be a crazy/bad day seeing Zachary didn't sleep well last night and had a lot of pain. Well he was actually pretty good in the day and got up in the wheel chair for a couple of hours. He even went to the cafeteria for a small lunch. This afternoon he was up for a long time in the bed and wheelchair. We did have to put him back to bed because he was having back pain/shoulder pain. Pain enough to the point that he was crying it was so bad and just thrashing in the bed. We had to take his brand new Phineas and Ferb tshirt off because he was all sweaty. For him to take that off says alot because he likes to be covered up especially with people coming in and out and not wanting people to see him. Once we had him in bed he got some heat packs for the back which he said didn't help. Once it was time for pain meds he got them and more heat packs and then fell asleep for a couple of hours so it was safe to say the pain eased up a little. The nurses are running around kinda crazy because his O2 keeps dropping and he is setting the alarms off. His BP is really low for him too 103/55. They have called on call resident so I have no idea whats going on at this point. If I don't blog through this all I will be in panic mode and we don't need a upset little guy and a crazy mom. They are trying everything and waiting for resident to call back at this point.

I have a couple pictures I took of him up in his wheel chair snoozing. If I try to take any pictures of him awake he yells at me and gets upset so I haven't tried again because no sense of making him upset.

OK I am not publishing this until everything settles down. I want to make sure I have it all documented so I may just keep going on and on. They just did a protable xray, running a bag of IV fluid (Bolus), gave him some pain meds. They are holding his bp meds due to it being so low for him already. He does keep yelling at us for making the bed move while no one is near him or the bed so they are kinda concerned why he is feeling this way. (Personally to me is acting like when he has a seizure episode just a little worse especially with the irritability) We are still waiting for the dr to come up but it might be a little bit because she is down in the ER. Until the next thing that happens I will just sit back and try to relax since he is settling down a little .

OK its been 1 1/2 hrs and he is all settled and everything seems to be back to normal. BP is ok, HR is ok, and O2 is back up to 97. They are thinking he was dehyrdrated because things bounced right back up. WIll post again if something happens but for now I am heading to bed to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Melissa and Rielly said...

Hang in there Jodi. You will be home before you know it and Zach will be back to his usual happy bouncing-off-the-walls self. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hugs and Prayers and lots of Sampson kisses to all of you! Jodi, not to worry I think you are an angel in disguse. Get Zach to do the deep breathing exercises to get rid of the sleeping gas-I had awful pain for days in my shoulder and someone told me to keep doing deep breathing exercises and it helped a lot. Good Luck, we are are thinking of all of you.