Friday, November 14, 2008

................................Surgery is complete

Ok. We got home last night a little late from Zachary's eye surgery and he needed me so this is the soonest I have been available to update.

Zachary did AWESOME. I couldn't believe this was the same Zachary in the beginning. He had to go from midnight to the surgery at 2pm without eating. All of you that know Zachary that we thought was impossible because he eats non-stop. Well he did very well and didnt eat only asked 2x if he could eat. When we got to the surgery center he was fine, they called his name he was fine, up until i had to take his clothes off. Then his anxiety set in. I was a little irritated with the anesth. guy because he was ignoring me when I was asking for something to help him relax. Well when it came time for Zachary to go he didn't want to be carried so they let him walk in his underwear becaue he wouldn't put the gown on. LOL

Then once in the OR he told them they wheren't putting the mask on his face so they just laughed and then waved the tube in front of his face to put him asleep.

They say the surgery went ok, but we will see today. He has a huge shield and packing over his eye and he keeps yelling he can't see. He did wake up this am with a fever so I am a little nerveous, but we go back at 11:30 for a follow up.

I am off to school this weekend so hopefully he will be ok with daddy & grandma's. I hate to leave him but I can only miss 1 weekend of school and if I am going to miss any I would rather it be when he has his big surgery.

I took a couple before pictures and when I get back from school I will post them and have a couple after pictures too.

No comments: