Tuesday, May 31, 2011

...................Excellent weekend













The Memorial Day weekend started off on a busy note. Friday night Marissa had her dance recital and as usual she did very good. We are so proud of her, even though she was only in 2 instead of 5 or 6. She was bummed but she had knee surgery back in October and to be on the safe side we took it easy this year. I don't have the pictures downloaded yet but once I do I will post them.

Then on Saturday I had to take a test for an entrance exam for a LPN class and did very well. After that we got the pool opened, and Zach headed off to my parents for the night. Marissa was babysitting so Rob and I enjoyed a nice date night. It was nice to just have dinner as the 2 of us and to talk. We did a few errands after and went home to relax.

Sunday was going to be a long day so I started to prepare myself. Sunday morning I ran my first 5k race. It was so hot and alot of hills for the 3.1 miles. The temp was in the 80's and humid. I managed to finish the race in 34:36. My goals where: #1 to finish the race, #2 not be last, #3 to finish in under 34:00. I accomplished 2 of the 3 and very close to the 3rd goal. Honestly if I hadn't walked up the big hill and alot on the nature trail part (this was the end and I was so sick to my stomach and weak by then), I would of beaten my 34min mark easily. I am ok with it because it gives me something to work off of.

Here I am with my brother who is a good runner. He smoked me in the race but thats ok.


Here I am coming down to enter the nature trail. It was just a little over 2 miles done at this point. (Incase you can't tell I am the one in the black tank top.)


Here I am crossing the finish line. I placed 144th out of 200+ in the time of 34:36


Here I am with my friend Michelle (Pink top) & her sister Amanda. This was after the race, and we are all standing. They both run alot so they were much faster too. Michelle was 26 something and her sister was 28 something. So yes I was the turtle but thats ok i will only grow from here. I can't wait to sign up for my next race.

Sunday afternoon we took Marissa and her friend up to the Majorpalooza family event then Rob and I went back up around 6:30 for the adult portion. It was great to see some old friends and listen to some bands. We even had a couple of drinks (for those of you that know us we don't drink)

Monday Marissa had to march in the parade for band. Her flute was broken (its getting fixed) so she helped carry the huge flag. She wasn't to happy because they had to wear these really heavy uniforms with a wool coat and it was in the mid 80's. After she went out on her friends boat and came home nice and red. With her lovely skin she will be tan in a day, unlike her mother who is a lovely shade of lobster red. LOL Zachary spent the day with my mom going to the cemetaries of family members and putting flowers on the sites. He had a great weekend in all too he said. I wish all weekends were 3-4 days long.

Today we are all back the grind and up and at 'em. I will post a couple pictures that are downloaded now and the rest later on.

No comments: