Monday, May 2, 2011

.................1st Communion




On Saturday we celebrated Zachary's 1st communion and 8th birthday with family and friends. We had it at out house and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Thank you god for that privilege. Zachary was so excited and really did well with getting around and visiting with everyone. I was honored to have my dad & step mom with us too. I have been given the opportunity to get to know my dad after many years of not knowing him (well I knew who he was, but just didn't get to see him or spend time with him).




When shopping 1 day with Marissa we spotted this Tshirt and said it was perfect for both kids. Unfortunately they only had it in Zacharys size, so Marissa decided to model it when he opened it. The funny part is Marissa showed it to her friends and they all said it fit her better than Zachary. LOL We love you Marissa.



The "Saurini" family portrait in church. Aren't we a good looking bunch?

The Saurini's



Zachary & Father Lou (for some reason Zachary thinks he is god, not father.)



Already before church. He is 1 handsome looking young man. I was also so happy he got to enjoy it without his body cast on. He did very well pain/spasm wise.



Just posing away.



Listening to intently to the service. I personally love this picture (probably because he never knew I took the picture so I didn't get a oh mom stop look.)

We had a beautiful day on Sunday for the 1st communion and they all looked great. Zachary chose not to try the wine. What he actually said was "I am not going to drink blood, thats gross" I just love how they phrase things. (Personally I was ok with his choice, because I am not big on sharing cups with public people and to many germs out there these days. I hope I am not punished later in life for that choice and reason, but if so it shall be what it is.)


No comments: