Monday, January 17, 2011

.................Whirlwind again

Our life has been uprooted yet again. Zachary has been having headaches and very concerning. We spent a whole weekend of him having headaches, being very miserable (unlike him), wanting to sleep, and sucking down tylonel/motrin to try to relieve the pain. Well nothing worked and I didn't like his behavior so i took him to the pediatrician. Dr. Anwer listened and seemed concerned. He ordered a EEG to be done, and made a appointment for the cardiologist since Zachs blood pressure had been so high. (When I say high I am talking 140's over 90's).

We went for the EEG and Zachary did awesome considering he had to sit totally still. They did the cap EEG test instead of all the leads attached to his head. If I can manage to get the pictures off my phone to the computer I will post them.

Dr. Anwer called today with results and he said it was very abnormal. He is definitely having seizures and needs to get to the neurologist asap so they will be calling for an appointment. He also said he will need to be medicated for this.

As a parent, I am scared, clueless, upset, and confused. Why? Why us? Why him? I know these are some questions that will never be answered, but in the mean time make it even more difficult for all of us. I will keep everyone posted when I hear more.

No comments: