Friday, January 2, 2009

...................................Great Start to 2009

Thank God...Yes there really is one in my eyes. I have been praying for almost a month now in hopes we could get a room at the Devin Nicole House for when Zachary has his leg surgery in Boston. Well they don't book until atleast 1 month prior so today was the day to call and hope I got through to get on the list. Well I was suppose to call at 830, and of course me with my mind of mush forgot and called at 940. I didn't have a good feeling while dialing the number but got through on the first try and .....................................................We got a room for 2 weeks.

What that means is Rob will not have to sleep on a couch in the lounge of the Hospital, or our other option was to pay for a hotel each night at over 100 a night. The first couple nights we will be at the house as a family, and then Rob will stay there because I am staying with Zachary at the hospital.

The Devin Nicole House looks like a amazing historic house that rents out the rooms to families in need for a very low price of $25.00 a night. They have everything from washer/dryers, food, full kitchen, internet and the similar comfort of being at home.

So thanks again for anyone that kept us in their thoughts and prayers for this part of our journey. This is a major hurdle financially for us and we are very greatful for this opportunity. I am attaching a link to the place and you can see for yourself what it looks like.

Once you click on the link on the right hand side you will see a building with a door click on that for a tour of the house.

http://www.childrenshospital.org/patientsfamilies/Site1393/mainpageS1393P4sublevel78.html

Ok you might have to copy and paste that link. I never can get them to hyperlink. LOL

No comments: