Friday, January 23, 2009

................................Added Stress

We are less than 2 weeks away from Zachary's surgery and the stress level in the Saurini household is through the roof.

I got a phone call on Wednesday from another dr. at Boston and she was asking me questions about the experimental drug therapy they where going to use on Zachary and I was like "Wait a minute. You are the dr's not me, you should have that all documented as to what took place at our appointment." Well come to find out the Dr we saw is no longer at the Hospital and they don't have any info on our appointment. I hit the roof. I was like listen you should have a dictation from that dr where is it? Why isn't she there any more? Why did she take on new patients if she was leaving? (we all know most dr. dont up and quit they plan it to not leave them short) Well to make a long story short they where basically going to go off of what I said. I told them no, we want to see another dr and my son will not be put on anything until then.

Well the dr I was speaking to was like we have time before his surgery anyway so no problem. I was like "Hello his surgery is exactly 2 weeks from today. We don't have time." Well that turned into a whole nother long story. She was trying to tell me they didn't have him scheduled for surgery. I was like oh yes you do, I haven't gotten the letter yet from the surgical coordinator, but I have spoken to Nilda a few times its at 830 on 2/4/09. She tried telling me thats just a office visit. Well I hit the roof again and started calling Nilda. Well I finally get ahold of her (I was not settling for voicemail. LOL) and she was like you are scheduled honey. And he has pre-op apt on Tuesday at 7am and 830 am. My BP was finally able to go back to normal knowing that. I was so worried because so much went into trying to get this all scheduled and everything worked around it.

So with all that in mind, we are now counting down the days to hopefully PAIN FREE days for Zachary. Zachary has been asking quite a bit of questions regarding his surgery lately and I am happy over that. I just keep talking to him in hopes it eases some of his anxiety. I can just imagine what he is thinking in his little mind. I know what I am thinking and I am able to get answers to understand where its harder for a child.

Since Zachary has his appointments so early the day before surgery, we have decided we are going to try to take him to the Childrens Museum to enjoy his last day of freedom for awhile. We looked it up on the computer and it looks really awesome. If anyone knows anything about it please let me know.

As for now thats all. I am off to school this weekend and then hitting the road running next week with everything from packing, organizing, getting everything finalized, hair appointments, getting my workouts in at the gym (I'm sure it will be awhile before i get back there again), and we are having our first meeting on the benefit they are having for Zachary. If anyone wants to help please let us know.

And thanks for everything everyone has said and done. And please keep Zachary in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Hey girl! I've been thinking about you and Zach a ton! We went to the BCM while we were there and it was a lot of fun. The kids really like it and there is so much for them to do. Great idea and I think Zach will really like it.

Let me know about the benifit. If I can help in anyway I will. We are praying for you all.