Monday, June 16, 2008

Nursing School

Well for those of you that don't know, I started my official trek to Nursing School. I arrived on Friday afternoon to a pig pen of a dorm room. Yup....not cleaned at all I swear the girls before hand just took what they wanted and left everything else. Well it was 90 out and no AC so I spent 2 hours before class emptying the actual dorm out and then cleaning. I am so glad I brought my bleach/water mixture. People where walking by and laughing because of the smell of bleach. Oh well I was cleaning before I stayed there. After about 2 hrs of me cleaning my room mate showed up and she is awesome. Very funny, and better yet a spanish teacher for highschoolers. She is going to come in handy for when Marissa starts taking Spanish next year. Thank God because I don't know the first thing about spanish.

Well we went to class and it was very nerve wrecking at first, but then ok for me atleast. Alot of this weekend was review for me seeing I was a CNA and done things such as make a bed, occupied & unoccupied, peri-wash, fire safety, restraints, and so on. I'm sure the next weekend I go will be a whirlwind for me.

Anyway, after a long weekend I was able to come home to a clean house and that made me feel great, and thankful for a wonderful family. Not only for cleaning, but allowing me to take this road in my life. Thanks goes out to all of the family & friends that are supporting me with this next 2 years of crazy schedules for me to become a RN.

No comments: