Friday, December 9, 2011

.........Another fall

Saturday Zachary had another fall. Poor little guy was just getting out of the van to go into the vets office with out Vivi for a shot and as soon as he stepped out he went down. The parking lot was pure ice. He said he was ok and jumped right up. Well the nerveous mom that I am was thinking instantly I am taking him for a xray because in October he wasn't 100% healed on his femur and I am NOT taking any chances with him.

Anyway as the day went on he said he was ok, just his arm hurt a little. He could move it, was using it fine, and actually bowled very well (4 strikes and plus he is right handed while this is his left arm he fell on) for the day. So I gave him some tylonal thinking he is ok since he has done the above and it wasn't to swollen. I did tell him if it was sore on Sunday more than today I would take him for xrays. Sunday he said it was fine and felt ok. So we went to church, decorated the tree and just relaxed all afternoon. About midnight he woke up crying in pain. Said his arm was throbbing and he couldn't sleep. He told me he wanted the strong stuff.............so with that comment from him I know it really had to be hurting him. I give him his loratab and within 1/2 hr he was resting peacefully. So on Monday morning I had him at the clinic as it opened at 9 and had xrays taken of his arm. That visit is a whole story in itself so I will spare you those details and tell you they said they didn't see anything wrong. Well I know better and the xrays didn't look right so I called his ortho in Syracuse. Got him in to see Dr. P. Sure enough she said she believes she sees a fracture in the upper part of the humerus. His arm is very swollen and he is guarding it and when she touches it she pull it back like it hurts. So he is in a sling because its to high to cast. He is not a happy camper but will get through it I told him. Ge goes back in 2 weeks for a check up and we are hoping it starts to heal by then. He is a slow healer and found out from the xrays he has the same cysts on his arm as on his leg. We didn't know they were else where.

Dr. P also suspects possible sciolosis. So he will have xrays to see if its really that or if it looks that way because of how he was holding his arm or to high of a shoe lift. I am hoping its 1 of those issues and not truly Sciolosis. My poor baby doesn't need anything else wrong. He is really down this time around and having a hard time dealing with it. I feel bad for him as a mom because there is nothing I can do to help him. We try to protect and limit him as much as possible but this was just a freak accident. He was out of the van before I opened my door to realize it was pure ice.

So I am hoping he heals fast so he can realize every injury isn't as bad as his leg is.

No comments: