Thursday, December 11, 2008

..............................Surgery is Scheduled

On Wednesday December 11th we got the call for Zachary's surgery date. Zachary will be having surgery on Wednesday February 4, 2009 at Boston Childrens Hospital for his left leg.

Zachary will undergo a 6 hour surgery to place a telescopic rod in his femur & tibia. While they are in there doing that he will also have biopsies of the tumors on the bone, a bone graft on the femur and biopsies on the skin.

I just pray to god we are doing the right thing for this little boy that means so much to so many people. We are not going to say anything to him until after Christmas because we want him to not worry. If we told him now everyday he would ask us if it was time to go yet and he would stress big time. This surgery is going to be a real tough time on all of us, but I am sure we will do ok. I am the worry wart financially though. I am already not sleeping well just thinking about it.

My next task is setting up care for Marissa the whole time we are gone. We will probably be in Boston for 1 1/2 -2 weeks. I would love for Marissa to be there, but I think its important that she keep her routine and go to school. Thats alot of school to miss for a 7th grader.

I will keep you posted on anything new that may arise.

No comments: