Monday, July 18, 2011

..............Nothing figured out

Well we are out of Strong and they really didn't figure anything out after being there for 1 week. They kept Zachary on the EEG & Video monitor in hopes to catch him with 1 of his episodes. Well after 1 long week, nothing but Murphy's law happened Thursday night. We were discharged about 11 am on Thursday am and Thursday night about 9:30 pm Zachary had 1 of his episodes.

We did decide to take him off his seizure medicine in hopes we might be able to catch a trend of these episodes. But actually, he has been doing great with out. He only had the 1 episode in over 1 week of being off the meds. I am happy about that, but still want some clarification of why he has these episodes. By taking him off the seizure med were were able to cut out all evening meds. I have 1 happy little boy on my hands let me tell you. So the next step is to monitor the episodes (frequency/intensity/triggers) and report back to the doctor.

Zachary started back to summer school today. He said it was ok. He doesn't like to talk about school so I didn't want to keep asking questions if it was going to put him in a bad mood because then that means I have to put up with it the rest of the day:) This weekend we leave for 4 days camping and we all can't wait. We need a little break and get away. I am excited because I am going to run a couple trails while there since I will have the time.

Its been hotter than heck here too. In the low-mid 90's and the humidity is awful. By thursday its going to be 95. I am NOT looking forward to that. I don't like the heat. 80 is perfect for me.

No comments: