Tuesday, March 1, 2011

...................We are home

We are home. We got home about 7 pm tonite. We had to stop in Fairmount and pick up Zachs new glasses. He couldn't wait any longer to get them.

The ride home was nice and easy. No traffic and Zach tolerated it very well. He even took a nap for about 2 hours. We stopped for lunch and he actually ate for us. We got home and unloaded and unpacked everything. I finally sat down and started my to-do list. Oh my I will be busy thats for sure. Papa Tony came over for a visit and Zach enjoyed that. He ate a piece of pizza and rolled around on the floor. Yes I said rolled around. He figured out already how to roll from his back to his stomach and back again. The first time he got stuck on his belly so we flipped him over and back he went and figured it all out. I knew it wouldn't take him long. Then he decided he had to go to the bathroom (He will kill me for telling this but thats ok I am his mom I can do that right?) so I got the bright idea to see if he could sit/hover the toilet. I was praying/wishing he could so I don't have to do diapers again. And it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know who was happier him or myself.

Well after his visit I put him in bed and he called his other grandparents and talked to them for about 30 minutes. By the time he got done I went to kiss him good night and guess what? He felt real warm again. I took his temp and he was at 101.4 grrrrrrr.............. I am not happy with this night time fever spiking. The dr said its probably something viral because they did 3 nights in a row chest xrays that all came back negative, blood work....negative, and urine culture...negative. They let us go home knowing he spiked last night too, because they think its viral and he would feel better in his own home. So off to give him motrin and see how he sleeps his first night home.

I am off myself to sleep in my own bed. I don't think it has ever sounded so good. Thanks for all prayers and thoughts during our time away and in the hospital with our little man. Marissa was brave/strong herself while we were gone. She stayed here with my mother in law. She had a pretty good vacation week by hanging with her friends, going shopping 2x, finding her Emerson Dress, and coming to Boston to see her brother. Now back to the regular routine.

2 comments:

Jess said...

So glad to hear that you are home, it seems that Zach is feeling better now that he is in his element :O)

Mrs. Brazee said...

I am so excited to hear that my little Romeo is back in Auburn, New York. I just loved seeing the giant kissy lips hovering over him in those photos. Great job, Mom. Keep those kisses coming from me.

Zach, you look wonderful, my dear. So healthy and adorable. If I didn't know it was you, I'd think you were a movie star in those pictures. Move over Justin Bieber, Zach Saurini is the new heartthrob sensation.

We all miss you very much. Can't wait for you to come back and join us. It's just not the same without our Zach. Even Reuben is looking sad and lonely this week. We've gone through 25 boxes of tissues already with all the girls' tears. You're our special guy, King Zach.

Keep healing, my dear. Here's hoping that you're feeling stronger every day.

Much love,
Mrs. Brazee
&
The Zach Saurini Fan Club of Seward Elementary School