Monday, May 4, 2009

...................First Steps

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Zachary made his first couple lightly weight bearing steps Thursday at Physical Therapy. It was tough but he did it. We definitely have to hold on to him tight while he attempts but its progress in my eyes. He isn't suppose to do it alot yet because the bone is still healing but little steps here and there are good for him. Its allowing him to use his muscles in other ways than just the stretching of them.

Last night he also slept for the first time without the immobilizer. Wasn't the best night, but that too will pass. He was afraid to roll or anything without the immobilizer. I told him he would be ok, but when I went in this am he was in the same position as I put him to bed. (Kinda like when he was in the cast and wouldn't move) But if he has the immobilizer on he is all over the bed.

Today is therapy again so we will see what it brings for us. I guess this weekend while I was gone to school Zachary and Robert where outside hitting balls from his wheelchair. I guess if you really have that love of the game you won't give up and will play any way you can. Thats called determination. I guess this whole surgery thing has been a eye opener for us all. So glad he has kept his personality, and willingness to still do stuff.

No comments: